Plan your weekend: Dierks Bentley, wine tasting and plenty of music
• In the past 10 years, he’s had eight No. 1 singles. He’s performed at Lollapalooza, the Telluride Bluegrass Festival, Bonnaroo and the CMA Music Festival, and now he’s coming to Yakima.
He’s Dierks Bentley, and he’s bringing his Country & Cold Cans Tour to the Yakima Valley SunDome at 8 p.m. Friday. The up-and-coming Eli Young Band opens.
For more information, call 509-248-7160 or visit www.yakimasundome.com.
• The Pre-Spring Barrel Tasting event, sponsored by the Rattlesnake Hills Wine Trail, begins at 10 a.m. Friday-Sunday at participating wineries. Participants must have a glass, which can be brought from home or purchased at a winery, to sample the wines. Buy a $10 Passport for discounts and reserve tastings. ID is required. For more information, call 509-965-4521 or visit www.rattlesnakehills.org.
• The Central Washington University Theatre Ensemble is presenting “Luna” at 7:30 p.m. Friday and 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The play tells the story of Soledad, the daughter of migrant farm workers, who has trouble making friends as she moves from school to school.
Admission is $10 for general admission, $8 for students and seniors, $5 for CWU students with ID. The family-friendly event is at the university’s McConnell Auditorium, 400 E. University Way in Ellensburg. For more information, call 509-963-1774 or visit www.cwu.edu/theatre.
• The Partner with Youth Fundraiser, a ZUMBA party, begins at 6:30 p.m. Friday at the Yakima YMCA, 5 N. Naches Ave. Cost: $12. For more information, call 509-972-5264 or visit www.yakimaymca.org.
• The Bel Canto of Yakima Spring Concert begins at 3 p.m. Saturday at the Holy Family Church Gathering Hall, 5313 Tieton Drive, in Yakima. Performance will include special guests from the Zillah Community Choir and this year’s scholarship winners. Cost: $10. For more information, call 509-575-5762.
• The Yakima Rock & Mineral Club’s 51st Parade of Gems begins at 10 a.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Washington State National Guard — Yakima Armory, 2501 Airport Lane. Rock, fossil, and mineral displays. Lapidary art demonstrations and Gold Panning. There will also be a silent auction, door prizes and a raffle. Cost: Adults $3.50, Students $2. For more information, call 509-673-0085.
• The Burlesque Bake Sale begins at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at The Seasons Performance Hall, 101 N. Naches Ave., in Yakima. This will be an evening filled with glamour, comedy, dance, delights, and fun, featuring international burlesque starlet Shanghai Pearl. The event supports Art in Motion’s collaboration with National Dance Institute, bringing dance into the schools to grades 3-5. Cost: $50-$70. For more information, call 509-457-6791.
• A memorial concert in honor of Joyce Strosahl, Seasons co-founder, begins at 4 p.m. Sunday at The Seasons Performance Hall, 101 N. Naches Ave., in Yakima. There is no admission contest, but donations will be accepted. For more information, call 888-723-7660 or visit www.theseasonsyakima.com.